WORKERS COMPENSATION LAWYERS
Huntsville Worker’s Compensation Injury Attorneys
Have you or a loved one been injured or killed while at work? Is your employer or their worker’s compensation insurance company case manager not trying to help? Are they not returning your calls or setting up your doctor’s appointments? Are you tired of the hassle? If you are experiencing stress caused by your employer or their insurance company, you need to call the attorney injured workers call when they need help. Call Randy W. Ferguson now. We offer a no obligation FREE CONSULTATION to all injured workers and their families. Call 256-534-3435. We are here to help you during this difficult time.
How does Workers’ Compensation Work?
The process injured workers go through to reach a settlement can be very complicated. The process usually is as follows:
- Employee gives notice of injury to employer right away
- Employer or workers compensation company sends employee to their company doctor
- Employer reports injury to state and insurance company
- Employee should contact a workers comp attorney
- Employer insurer may investigate the injury claim
- Employee receives treatment or surgery until released by doctor
- Employee is given an impairment rating by his doctor
- Attorney negotiates settlement
- If settled court or ombudsmen to complete and get paid
- If not settled file suit and prepare for trial
What you need to know about Workers Compensation Injuries
If you have been injured on the job in Huntsville, Alabama, you are entitled to workers compensation benefits as long as your employer has five or more employees. Workers compensation injuries suffered on the job, include:
- Broken and fractured bones
- Neck and Back problems and pain
- Knee injuries
- Wrist injuries
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Chemical exposures
- Aggravation of pre-existing conditions
- Heart attacks
- Crush injuries
- Severe burns
- Brain injuries
- Accidents resulting in death
- RSD or CRPS
Workers Compensation Benefits
Workers Compensation laws are designed to ensure that employees who are injured or disabled on the job are provided with fixed monetary compensation; thus, eliminating the need for frivolous litigation. But sometimes companies and private employers subvert these laws and fail to pay sufficient money to those injured or disabled on the job. If you are injured on the job, you are entitled to workers compensation benefits calculated by the level of impairment your injury has had on your ability to work a job. Benefits for lost wages will vary depending on whether your injury is considered a temporary total disability or a permanent disability. Compensation is based on your average weekly wage (gross earnings before the accident or disease, usually during the preceding 52 weeks, and includes overtime and other benefits provided by the employer such as meals, uniform, car and housing allowances). Your family can also receive death benefits in the case of your death. You also can receive payments for all medical treatment (prescriptions, supplies, equipment, hospital costs, doctor bills) and a portion of your weekly wages.
Why Hire Huntsville Worker’s Compensation Lawyers Ferguson & Ferguson
The law offices of Ferguson and Ferguson takes pride in giving each injured worker individual and personal attention. We have worked in industrial settings and understand what you are going through. We provide the following:
- Help you apply for worker’s compensation benefits
- Appeal benefit denials
- Negotiate settlements
- Get you the medical care you deserve
- We are committed to excellent client service.
- We care about our clients, and have patience.
- Free phone consultation 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays
- Free office consultation as late as 7 p.m. and Saturdays also
- Locations near you
- We answer all our clients calls, or return them promptly.
- We keep our clients informed of the status of their case.
- We make sure that our clients understand each step of their case.
- We have great compassion for the physical, emotional, and financial problems that our clients suffered, and will do everything possible to get them through their difficult time.
Insurance companies and employers have experienced lawyers working for them, so don’t assume that they will offer a fair or adequate award for your injuries. You cannot afford not to have an attorney if you have suffered a permanent injury on the job. When you need an experienced attorney who knows the laws and is not afraid to stand up for your rights against your employer, call the workers compensation attorneys that mean business when they take your case. Call Ferguson & Ferguson at 534-3435 or 1-800-752-1998.
No Fee Unless We Win
Our legal team has a strong history of helping injured workers get the medical attention and financial compensation that they need after being injured on the job. If we accept your case, our fee is contingent on a successful monetary recovery. Under no circumstances can our fee ever exceed 15% of your settlement plus costs. Our fee cannot include any part of your medical closure settlement. We do not charge our clients any fees or costs unless we win their case, and we advance all costs necessary to pursue your claim. There are no hidden costs or upfront retainers. If we represent you in your claim, you will not pay unless we win your case. Call now if you have been injured. Call 256-534-3435. We are here to help injured workers.
Huntsville Office Location:
303 Williams Avenue SW
Huntsville, AL 35801
Our worker’s compensation attorneys serve every city and county in the State of Alabama.