Slip and Fall Accidents
SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT LAWYERS
Slip and Fall Attorneys in Huntsville AL
Have you been injured in a slip and fall accident caused by someone else’s negligence? When you’ve been hurt on another person’s property, it can be unclear who is responsible for the injuries you’ve suffered and who should pay the medical expenses you’ve incurred. At Ferguson and Ferguson, we know that after an accident, you have a lot of questions, and our Huntsville slip and fall lawyers are here to answer them for you. We’ve been helping injured victims in Alabama for over 20 years—we have the knowledge and experience to win—let us help you. We offer no obligation, FREE CONSULTATIONS to all slip and fall victims.Call now. Call 256-534-3435. We are here to help.
Did you know that slip and fall accidents are the single largest cause of emergency room visits. They account for an estimated 16,000 deaths each year. Seniors are statistically the most likely to fall, and when they do, they tend to require more medical care and more time to recover from their injuries. The law doesn’t hold businesses responsible for accidents unless the company or its employees failed to meet a legal duty of care. If you have suffered serious personal injuries in a slip and fall accident in Huntsville, Alabama, our premises liability lawyers can help to determine if the business is legally at fault.
Where do Slip and Falls Happen?
- Business bathrooms
- Grocery stores
Causes of Slip and Falls
- Slippery, wet, or slick floors
- Poor lighting
- Water, ice or snow
- Uneven floors, pavement or surfaces
- Cracks in sidewalk or flooring
- Debris or objects in aisles
Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck, back and shoulder injuries
- Knee, foot and ankle injuries
If you are injured, you can recover payments for present and future medical bills, loss of consortium, lost income/wages, pain and suffering damages and emotional distress damages and death.
Who is responsible in a Huntsville Slip and Fall case?
In Alabama, merely owning or occupying land does not make that person liable for injuries sustained on the property. There must be some form of negligence on the part of the owner or occupier of property before there can be any premises liability. Property owners, managers and operators may be liable for your slip and fall. A knowledgeable Alabama slip and fall attorney can determine who is at fault in a slip and fall accident. In order for a slip and fall victim to hold a property owner or operator liable in Alabama for an incident, the accident victim will have to prove one of the following in a premises liability case:
- That the Alabama property owner or employee caused or was responsible for the unsafe condition and the subsequent slip and fall accident (by spilling something, for example, and not cleaning it up)
- That the Alabama property owner was aware of the dangerous condition of the property but did not try to correct it (actual notice-knew someone else spilled water on floor and owner did not post a warning sign, etc.)
- That the Alabama property owner knew or should have known about the danger, since a reasonable person would have found the problem and taken steps to prevent injuries caused by the slip and fall accident (constructive notice-This is the most common situation, as it is not clearly defined and is determined based on common sense).
Serving all of Alabama
We have offices conveniently located in downtown Huntsville and Decatur Alabama. An attorney can meet with you at our Decatur or Huntsville office locations or arrange to meet you at your home or hospital, or any other convenient location. If you need a slip and fall lawyer in Huntsville, Alabama, call us today. Call now.
If you or a someone close to you have suffered serious injuries in a slip and fall accident, or if you have questions about your legal rights following a slip and fall accident, a Alabama premises liability lawyer at Ferguson and Ferguson can help you determine if you have a case. The law surrounding injuries sustained in retail establishments is complicated, and each case is unique. At Ferguson and Ferguson, we handle all of our premises liability cases on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay nothing unless we win your case. Call now for your free consultation and to speak directly with a lawyer about your case. Call us anytime at (800)752-1998. Call now.
Huntsville Office Location:
303 Williams Avenue SW
Huntsville, AL 35801
Our personal injury attorneys serve every city and county in the State of Alabama.