BOAT ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
Boating Accident Lawyers in Huntsville AL
Do you need a boating accident attorney? Boating is one of the most popular outdoor hobbies in Decatur, Guntersville, Athens and Huntsville, Alabama. Boating and fishing are almost state sports in Alabama. Many people enjoy spending time on their ski boats or fishing boats on the weekend or vacation. And though it is widely considered a fun and relaxing sport, recreational boating and fishing has a dark side. In 2008, boating accidents in the United States resulted in 3,331 injuries and 709 deaths. Waterways are second only to highways in terms of the number of accidental deaths occurring on them. If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a boating accident due to someone else’s negligence, you should contact a boating accident attorney today. At Ferguson and Ferguson, we have experienced Alabama boating accident attorneys who can help you if you were injured in a boating accident that wasn’t your fault. Call now for your FREE CONSULTATION. Call 256-534-3435. We are here to help you with your boating accident case.
Causes of Boat Accidents
The main causes of these boating accidents are attributable to the following acts of negligence:
- Excessive speed
- No proper lookout for boats, objects and people
- Inattentive operation of boats
- Inexperienced operators
- General carelessness
- Not knowing the navigational rules
- Collisions with other watercraft
- Defective boat design
- Equipment failure
- Unfavorable weather
- Defective boat construction or repair
- Hitting a big wave or wake at an unsafe speed or angle
- Ejections from the boat due to improper operation or deciding to navigate in heavy weather
- Contact with propellers
- Gasoline fire or explosion
- Impacting a fixed object, such as a navigational aid, pier or bridge
- Overcrowding and Overloading
Errors can also be caused by government or independent entities such as Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) or the U.S. Core of Engineers. Not surprisingly, excessive alcohol consumption plays a role in 17 percent of boating accidents. Boating accidents involve many different types of watercraft. Open motorboats were responsible for 43 percent of boating accidents, personal watercraft for 23 percent, and cabin motorboats for 15 percent.
Safety Tips to Reduce Risks of Boating Accidents
- Stay sober while operating a boat
- Check the weather forecast before heading out for a boat trip.
- Keep your boat under the maximum capacity
- Keep a floatation device for each passenger on board
- Complete a course on boating safety
- Inspect your boat before you head out
- Be cautious of propeller safety, especially if children are on board
- Keep a fire extinguisher on your boat
Injuries in Boating Accidents
Common injuries suffered in boating accidents include the following:
- Traumatic brain damage
- Fractured/Broken bones
- Head injury
- Loss of hearing
- Loss of vision
- Permanent scarring
- Spinal cord injuries
- Sprained muscle
- Torn ligament
- Traumatic Brain Injury
Damages You Can Recover
The Law Office Of Ferguson and Ferguson is a experienced boating accident law firm with a long track record of obtaining for clients the compensation and accountability they deserve. An individual who negligently operates a boat may be liable for a wide variety of damages that an accident can cause, including but not limited to the following:
- Disability and Disfigurement
- Loss of Consortium
- Medical Bills
- Lost Wages
- Mental and Emotional Distress
- Out of Pocket Expenses
- Pain and Suffering
- Property Damage
- Wrongful Death
Don’t let an insurance company decide what your personal injury claim is worth, contact us today. It’s our job to get you the money you’re truly owed.
Why Hire a Boating Accident Attorney From Ferguson and Ferguson
The law offices of Ferguson and Ferguson takes pride in giving each client individual and personal attention.
- We are committed to excellent client service.
- We care about our clients, and have patience.
- Free phone consultation 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays
- We answer all our clients calls, or return them promptly.
- We keep our clients informed of the status of their case.
- Free office consultation as late as 7 p.m. and Saturdays also
- Locations near you
- We make sure that our clients understand each step of their case.
- We have great compassion for the physical, emotional, and financial problems that our clients suffered, and will do everything possible to get them through their difficult time.
Free Boat Accident Consultation
If you or someone you love has been the victim of a boating accident, call the boating accident attorneys at Ferguson and Ferguson. Your initial consulation is always free, and we do not get paid until you do. If you or a family member finds yourself the victim of a boating accident, consult attorneys trained in the rules and regulations governing boating accidents. At Ferguson and Ferguson, you will find experienced professionals who will evaluate your boating accident case and explain your legal rights. We take every necessary step to investigate the possible causes of your accident so that you receive full compensation for any pain and suffering your boating accident has caused you. If you or someone you know has been the victim of a boating accident, call a boating accident attorney at Ferguson and Ferguson at (256) 350-7200 or 256-534-3435. If we take your case, we work on a contingent-fee basis. That means you pay us only if you receive a monetary reward or recovery of fees. Call us now, because you may have a valid claim entitling you to compensation for the injuries, pain, and suffering a boating accident has caused you. We have offices conveniently located in downtown Decatur and Huntsville, Alabama. We are here to help.
Huntsville Office Location:
303 Williams Avenue SW
Huntsville, AL 35801
Our boating accident attorneys serve every city and county in the State of Alabama.